Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Day in Quotes: Tuesday, July 22nd

Festival Time

I thought "Kick the vintage sellers" was celebrated in April. It's an Etsy's version of Festivus.


Confession
I have spammed father rob please forgive me. I had attempted to promote a "video treasury" on youtube... It worked we we listed in the first couple pages of how to and style. But I spammed and spammed some more... I had nothing in the treasury it was to promote etsy and to bring buyers from outside. Some of us spam for good. Like the robin hood of spam.


Lists
I keep my Do-Not-Buy List in a bullet proof glass case in a secret room in my house. It is on a roll of fine thick tan handmade paper specially made for me by artisans in Thailand. I write upon it in blood red ink with a two foot long feather pen with a golden tip.

There are nights when I don my smoking jacket, light up my pipe, retire to my secret room, sit down with a cognac in my antique leather easy chair, gaze upon my cherished list and laugh maniacally until I drift happily off to sleep.

If you think you're on it you probably are. But perhaps not. Who really knows? I delight in using my power arbitrarily.


....and more lists
I also have a DNEIMFCBTS (Do Not Engage In Meaningful Forum Conversation Because They're Stupid) list.


If you were quoted, congratulations and thanks! You can find your
celebratory "I've been Quoted" (and other EB avatars) by clicking here.

10 Comments:

radcow said...

im glad you quoted the reverend. That was i think my all time favorite etsy thread reply.

Anonymous said...

I like the DNEIMFCBTS There is a forum poster that I avoid for this very reason.

Morrigan said...

Sometimes it seems like my DNEIMFCBTS list grows every day....

Unknown said...

I have a DNEIMFCBTS list too. Now I know what to call it!

Jen said...

Oh, reverend ross... :o)

Anonymous said...

some of us have a YASBAAYFPAJPASFASFUELYRD List:

YouAreSoBoringAnd AllYourFakePostsAreJustPromotionsAnywaySoForgetAnySalesFromUsEverListYouRacistDripList

and a YWKVIISYA List
YouWouldntKnowVintageIfItSmackedYourAssList

Anonymous said...

i love me some sugarcube

Ivydionne said...

DNEIMFCBTS ... yeah, I have that list.

Anonymous said...

*wishes Etsy had an ignore feature on the forum...am amazed at my self control right now*

E. B. L. said...

notacatlover, I hear you ...although tonight seems to be one of the more mellow ones on the forums. Or did you mean 'right now' as in the past couple of weeks?