Friday, June 6, 2008

Unregistered comments are back on

When more than one "Anonymous" posts in a comment thread it becomes very confusing. As Blogger will not let us disable that one choice and keep the others, we instead will remove any comments posted as "Anonymous" (using the "anonymous" choice in the comment form), which were very few.

We want everyone to be able to comment, registered with some service or not, so... Anonymous comments are back on. BUT - you MUST post with some kind of nickname. You cannot post as "Anonymous" or comment will be deleted.

You do not have to give your Etsy name or site, you don't have to offer more then a made-up nickname merely to reply to you by. Pick whatever silly name you choose, but if you wish to be anonymous to comment here (and believe us, we understand why!) you will have to pick some kind of nickname.

Also while we're on it, we are going to ask that people NOT attack other sellers specifically in the comments. We're trying to get Etsy to change it's stripes not make people cry (unless they are admins) or feed the trolls. We here at EB are trying to spotlight Etsy Admin inadequacies, and sometimes the occasional forum trainwreck to show the mess the "community of Etsy" is in due largely to admin mismanagement and lack or respect for it's members.

Everyone cool with that?

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay den, dats my new name!

Anonymous said...

Question, does this blog load extremely s l o w l y for anyone else or is it just me?

The Sneaky One said...

Google is having issues. LOL

The Cranky One said...

Yeah taking forever, it's not you, google is having some work done. Or drunk. It's hard to be mad at google though, it's almost as if it's my lover.

Anonymous said...

No problem for me.

Anonymous said...

eh.. I don't mind giving my name.

~B.Z. said...

I don't mind using my own name , but if i ever want to post with a secret nickname .... it would be ASSCRYSTAL ;>)

Oh, wait, now that's not so secret is it !

*Slaps forehead*

The Disgruntled One said...

I think this will help keep some of the discussions more clear.

Anonymous said...

Oops! Now I know why my first post never showed up here. I forgot to enter a nickname. Sorry about that.

Muscadine

StonezNStix said...

Stonez N Stix

Wow I've been fighting in forums for days now with the same damn canned response!! Wow Etsy used to be a great venue now I'm at a loss. So I did quit my day job and now it's so messed up I'm not sure what to do?!? Thank you for this blog it gives me ammunition to keep fighting. Next ask me about my buying experience with an admin! I'm certain that's why customers are on defense ;)