Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We've seen the error of our ways...

Yes, we're wrong. We are humble enough to see the errors of our ways and to confess them. But we're turning over a new leaf starting today. Life is too short to focus on the negative, and now, we're planning on being the best we can be and we're starting by being positive with Etsy.

We're thinking that we've simply not given Maria the grain of salt that she needs to be afforded. After all, so much as been done and they've listened to people in the past, why should we be angry anymore?

Etsy, for many of us, is a passion. We love it, so we want it to succeed. Maybe tough love isn't the answer. Maybe welcoming, whole and compassionate love is! Etsy is still a young company, they are like a toddler. That is the time when they test their boundaries, they might drive you crazy sometimes, but you have to love them for it. And just as your potty-training toddler may have an accident now and then, you don't scold them for it, you just clean up the mess and give them a forgiving kiss.

We should be thankful for what we do have - a place to sell our creations and a wonderful and supportive community. Admins are trying so hard, it is apparent. They are all such hard-working and nice young people, and they are all doing their best. They're looking to improve upon themselves, so say goodbye to the EtsyBitch and hello to the new era of nurturing Etsy and molding it with gentle and loving hands.

If we all do this, we will all be so much happier! Let go of the anger and the arrogance that we can change anything by force and being blunt. Etsy knows what is best for us. Trust them. We need to be more positive and use our energy for creating and giving Etsy and its staff positive reinforcement! Let us start this today, ok?

39 Comments:

I'm no fool said...

Ha Ha April Fool!

mizzevil said...

fook! you so had me....
so much so, i typed up an entire crying comment and realized i'm an idiot.

forum rubbernecker said...

Dude........don't scare me like that! i gotta be a cupcake on Etsy, I need some place to complain!

Anonymous said...

oh you got me haha!
April Fool's
mary
hoganfe handmade
handbag originals

Arty said...

April Fool's, right? Ha Ha!

lessa said...

I worried the first paragraph then went 'Duh', its April 1st!

All Wired Up TOO said...

I spit my coffee!!! DXO's pic in your banner! Hilarious!

rock on said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I love you guys......damn I love a good april fools joke.....

Unknown said...

OMG! You so had me! I was sitting here just blinking at the screen and wondering wha...

Kelly said...

I would have almost believed this if it hadn't been for the "Everything is perfect" part! *Gigglesnorts* Good one!

The Funny One said...

When the sun is in the 7th house and jupiter aligns with mars then love will eat a cupcake, wear a cowl and delicately pluck the karma strings (with fingerless gloves) of perpetual self-importance.

Crafty said...

LOL! All i had to read was the first line and I knew....april fools....

Suspicious One said...

As if! Meanwhile I'd like to know what the hell they're doing in Europe? They're meeting sellers for 3 hours, and 2 days in between each meeting. Those meetings could all be held within in 3 days flat. Anyone suspicious about what kind of jollies they are up to in between the boozing sessions meeting sellers? Why are they not on TV over there? Other media? What exactly are they doing??

DiaperDiane said...

so much more adult than toilet paper doodie jokes.
Gotta love the Bitches-- intelligence trumps adolescent humor again!

Julie said...

*giggles*

Jamy said...

I read this first thing this morning and was falling for it for the first paragraph. :o) Y'all got me!

now, where was I said...

Great way to start the day!!!

Angel said...

The banner just outright kills me. Cupcake Heaven.. wow.

Erika Jurney said...

Excellent -- this was a great way to start my favorite day of the year :)

kuartzo said...

You almost fooled me!!

Paw and Claw Designs said...

ROFL

nicely done!

woolies said...

omg I was totally fooled, I must stop smoking the funny stuff.

:0)

peace, love and tie dye

ArmandoJavier said...

Totally fooled, good one!

AnotherTypeofBiotch said...

LOVE the logo, but it also made me a bit ill...!

cynicallyopenminded said...

My heart almost stopped...wait I don't have one.

I forgot it was April Fools...probably because I didn't purchase a mustache on Etsy.

Whew...

SelfRighteousHarpy said...

you got me with the first couple sentences, and then the "aha!" hit. Of course, when I clicked on the link and saw the my-little-pony banner, I laughed out loud. way to go!

h. snidbiscuits said...

Ha, I read this and was wondering what was up... I hadn't even seen the banner.

HA! NICE ONE!!

Julie said...

Damn, I got this in email and came to ask who drugged your water...
Dude, don't do that!!! :)

wristeroni said...

Etsy admins get to celebrate this holiday all 365 days of the year . . . not fair.

I'll just sit here and celebrate AF's Day by dropping crumbs into my GIGANTIC cowl whilst choking down a lead-based frosting cupcake

Combustion Glassworks said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

im shitting rainbow cupcakes as we speak!@

Roberta Warshaw said...

HAHAHAHAHA!

Too funny........you fooled me for a second!

bootsy said...

I totally thought your blog got hacked! LOL

Eveline said...

Pinch, punch, first of the month.
White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit, no returns!

Daniellwhy-o? said...

Love the Dxo in the banner!

Smart one. Sure beats adolescent gags like toilet paper in the GG.

Ashley said...

Haha, I saw the banner and laughed. :) Love it! If it hadn't been for the banner I might have been fooled. Great post!

The Righteous One said...

Remember last year's (or the year before's) April Fools waffles on Etsy?

It was the coolest ever ;) It was a link that lead to waffles, and it was just a text link, so, like, not everyone would see it or get it. Oh yeah, the hippest thing I've ever seen. I so look up to them for their intelligence and wit.

*wipes the frosting from my chin* mmm cupcakes

Oh dear... said...

Totally love banner! Great job guys!

h. snidbiscuits said...

The 'waffles' thing was so stupid, seriously. It must have been some kind of in-joke with them, because it meant nothing to the rest of us... and 'report as a waffle'. WTF was that supposed to mean?

lilacwoman said...

BwaaaaHaaHaaa
HA!
Good One!
I wasn't fooled for a minute!

Well, maybe just one.