Then the Dorque needs YOU! Yes any college or post-graduate student willing to be suckered into - er, umm - take on the challenge of being the Dorque's Blog Copy Editor/Viral Distributor.
Yep, you could be in charge of editing articles ranging from fashion trends (cupcakes are IN!!!!) to Tech updates (new DAM category!!!). As it stands right now the Dorque covers such a broad range of information that the usefull important stuff gets buried under crap like "Quit Your Day Job, Go On Unemployment, and Live in Your Parent's Basement!!!!"
Minimum Qualifications (with some minor modifications from the Bitches in itallics)
* Experience in online or print editorial, copy-editing, writing, researching and reporting (preferably fashion, culture) Experience which involves actual college courses in writing might help
* Experience with photo editing (for print, film, stock photos, etc)
* Photoshop We think they want you to be able to edit those photos in Photoshop, though they are a bit cryptic here.
* Basic html, blogging software knowledge
* Strong communication skills in dealing with customers, online communities, interview subjects, as well as coworkers
* Ability to tolerate socially-challenged co-workers *coughcoughcoughdanilexocoughcoughcough* a plus!
* Merchandising or styling experience (great taste a plus!) Of course what you consider to be great taste and what they consider to be Indie and kewl might be two totally different things.
* Self-motivated (show up to work on time, mmmkay??)
* Detail-oriented in doing the best job possible (A fundamental grasp of the english language and B.A.S.I.C. grammar skills are a plus!)
* Passionate about blogging and new media content The ability to sustain your passion after the glow of your new job wears off is a plus!
* Career goals at the intersection of editorial, new media, online communities, art and subcultures Having any kind of career goals is a great plus!
* Adaptable to a crazy start-up environment (translation: ability to tolerate a ton of unbelievable, unprofessional bullshit a plus!)
* A curious mind (especially in regards to DIY, fashion, entrepreneurship; and other publications) Have enough imagination to actually explore new innovative sites rather than looking outside your window to see what all the kewl hipsters are wearing is a definite plus!
Feel up to the challenge? Are you a masochist? Apply today!