Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New wording for Oopsie Page

So now the brickwall's gone, maybe the wording on the new "Oopsie Page" * could be made a little bolder? More colorful? More descriptive?

HEY YOU! YES, YOU!
Don't waste your time looking for this username here.

  1. This user quit Etsy in disgust.
  2. This user quit Etsy in protest.
  3. This user was a sockpuppet.
  4. This user was hounded unfairly by other Etsians and is no longer with us.
  5. This user was forced to make a buyer account to purchase something here, and closed it immediately afterwards.
  6. This user has finally figured out that for the money she pays Etsy, she could have and promote her own website, not someone else's.
  7. This user was a spammer.
  8. This user was a bastard reseller and got shitcanned really quickly for it.
  9. This user was a bastard reseller and got shitcanned only after a huge internet protest embarrassed Etsy into removing her.
  10. This user mouthed off to Anda/DanielleXO/Rokali once too often and got shitcanned for it.
  11. This user has retired to an ashram in South Dakota with no internet access. The very mention of shrinky dink, cupcakes or plushies makes her tic act up.

--------------------------

* thanks for the moniker, Impetuous

16 Comments:

Andy Mathis said...

lol at "makes her tic act up"

E. B. L. said...

This is brilliant! I'd love to see that up there. Ha!

Hey, buyers have a sense of humor too.......right?

The Sneaky One said...

Ima laughing right now!!

Anonymous said...

I'd like statement #1 on my error page, thank you!

Very funny -- and so true -- all of them!

The Disgruntled One said...

Seriously. She just sits there, in lotus position, twitching.

It's sad, man, what too many cupcakes can do to a person.

Ladies Auxilliary said...

HAAAAAAAAA!

Peldyn said...

It should be Montana not South Dakota!

Unknown said...

Too funny!!

And right on the mark.

The Disgruntled One said...

peldyn:

You're thinking of her *sister*. Her sister's in Montana.

Peldyn said...

LOL, my bad. I wonder if her tic is related to Tourette's?

The Dangerous Mezzo said...

Just reading about shrinky dink (whatever the heck it is) GIVES me a tic :)

Anonymous said...

Very funny!

Anonymous said...

Too funny...

The Kinky One said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Impetuous said...

glad I could contribute.

drunk on sake.

go on without me.

will post when sober.

Grace said...

I'll take #6, please!

I just made my first sale on my own website, and I'm a bit giddy.