Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Day in Quotes: Tuesday, July 15th

The Great Referral Revolt

Oh spare me. I drive enough traffic here as it is.

Fix the stuff that's already broken and some of the things that people have ALREADY been asking for.
I have looked into paid advertising to bring people to the site, my shop first but I feel it's tacky to not include the site. I haven't done this yet because I feel that I would need to offer a tutorial in how to function here as a buyer. To be honest, that's kind of embarassing.

Tits on a bull. This feature is as useless as tits on a bull.
this whole thing makes me feel like I've been kicked in the nuts by etsy once again.

and I'm a lady.


If you were quoted, congratulations and thanks! You can find your
celebratory "I've been Quoted" (and other EB avatars) by clicking here.

4 Comments:

The Funny One said...

Well, doesn't this new toy just fit like a glove with Etsy's insistence that it strives to be anti-big-business?

Refer your own customers to OTHER stores, after you spent 3 years promoting OTHERS in Treasuries and Gift Guides because Etsy insists self-promotion is the big taboo?

So, another *great* device to refer yourself and your Etsy store right OUT of business.

Caprichos said...

The tits on a bull comment made me splash coffee all over my screen...

HILARIOUS! (but sadly, so true)

Elizabeth said...

I've now added "tits on a bull" to my vocabulary.

Anonymous said...

It's like putting a cherry on a turd.