Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Best use of time and resources? Hmmm ...


First of all, I just want to say that I like RobWhite. He seems like a nice guy. He's really closely associated with a few of the nastiest Admin going, but he himself seems pretty sweet. He's one of the few Admin on the Forum watch who writes like he cares about his customers. He's probably second only to Matt for being able to communicate with sellers without condescending to them. Or outright insulting them.

But this video? Sheesh.


Is it just me, or does this video make the poor guy look like a putz? Could this have been done in a more infantalizing way? For both RobWhite and the audience? What's with the handpuppets? And the dance break? Are we all in kindergarten? Have I gone nuts?

There are SERIOUS problems at Etsy, guys. Making cookies, playing with handpuppets and shooting childish videos aren't fixing the issues Etsy seller abitabite brings up in this anguished Forum thread.

On the Etsy Admin to do list: add a notice to the Storque article about the introduction of the policy page (which isn't actually working) or produce some more puerile twaddle? Etsy will choose the twaddle every time.

3 Comments:

The Incredulous One said...

I'm so pleased to see that my Etsy fees are funding these enlightening video productions instead of being wasted on some frippery like good engineering. I find the up close and personal look at admins' silly dance styles so much more useful to my business than functional shop policies.

Keep up the terrific work, Etsy hipsters!

Anonymous said...

RobWhite is a tool.

The Angsty One said...

How does the investor guy think of the resource spending? I'd love to ask him.