Thursday, April 1, 2010

Omg omg omg!

I'm standing out here on the street now in front of Etsy's Brooklyn headquarters for the past 6 hours.

I have this big box of Swimmy's I made from papier mache using pics of him from all those magazines, leftover fast food wrappers (that I snuck out of the trash after I followed him last week), and sparkles! Lots of sparkles! Each swimmy filled with locks of my hair, a little love poem and a Hershey kiss!

Rokali! Come outside! I have presents for you! I'm the one dressed as a giant pink cupcake!

10 Comments:

FF said...

Ahahahaha... This is the only good joke I've seen all day!

Creations From The Soul said...

lol cute ;)

sark said...

a lot funnier than "Esty" by far.

Etsy Bitch you crack me up! The Rokali header was the greatest April Fool's thing ever.

Eveline said...

Did you notice the 'Esty' on the top left? I'm afraid they think it's an oohhhsoooofunnny April Fools joke, and not them looking incredibly unprofessional.

LOL said...

So glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

AdayLate said...

awwww, shucks,

I missed it. Anyone got a screen shot? maybe a link on flickr?

Thanks-

Anonymous said...

When I saw the "Esty", my first thought was who screwed up now? With so many glitches and mispellings on the site anyway, it felt like same shit, different day

katie said...

I know I'm terribly ignorant... what is a swimmy? I see Etsy peeps using that word left and right and I'm lost! Thanks! :)

The Righteous One said...

katie, swimmy is kalin's business plan for Etsy...it's a fish character in a children's book (I'm not making that up, he literally read the book to sellers via webcam and has discussed "swimmy's philosphy" in interviews) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nRCrgPGYQ

He even had seller's make swimmys for him to post on the wall at Etsy HQ. Because Etsy isn't the big fish, they're the little fish just trying to get by (or some such bullshit)

guck said...

@Eveline

Agreed that the 'Esty' thing was a pretty poor choice cause there are so many people that mispronounce it and type it wrong already.