Thursday, June 12, 2008

From the Bitches Auxiliary: Graphic Designers

I used to sell etsy-related graphic design on etsy, and had to pull everything from my shop and open my own site because I was told I could only sell avatar, banners, and business cards. Many other designers were flagged as well. YET etsy continued to allow others to sell the things we were told were not allowed. So we designers fought to get all graphic design services related to selling on etsy allowed, and with the last rule change, that was implemented.


Today, if she could sell photo manipulation of people's products to get "knock-out" pictures. Which is allowed. And they told her no. Now, we have people who've read the thread and are going to go flagging and getting listings pulled because etsy can't keep their shit together. I'm so sick and tired of this, I'm about ready to give up on etsy com-fucking-pletely. We fought, and lost money on listings, and had our businesses suffer to get things changed for the better, and for what? For etsy to forget its own damn rules? Unbelievable (well, actually, I guess can believe this, seeing how etsy's been going lately).

Edit by Righteous: To answer comment questions - This is a rant based on this thread

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

methinks something's missing from the second paragraph.

or maybe i'm just stoopid (which is entirely possible)

either way, i'm not following here...

Anonymous said...

ahhh, I see. thanks for the clarification.

i love that there seems to be no end to the list of things etsy manages to screw up.

Impetuous said...

everything seems plausible to me.

goofy said...

This is so typical it makes my teeth ache.

I suppose when pausing Guitar Hero to press a couple keys, you wouldn't know what any other admin has said to one of your CUSTOMERS!!

Anonymous said...

I especially enjoyed this comment....

crinolinestash says:
"etsy: your place where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing"


I'm crabby today.
Posted at 6:51 pm, June 12 2008 EST

Unknown said...

To use the favorite derogatory term of my teenager: Etsy Admin is a bunch of fucktards.

I wonder how this applies to those who sell photomanipulation of portraits and the like. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

Okay - day late and a dollar short on this thread - but has anybody read the Terms of Use at Etsy lately? It seems like what they have been working on is covering their asses from a class action lawsuit based on the read of things. Legal eagles with the bottom line on their minds - knowing full well they have not lived up to their end of the original contract. And states "Before you may become a member of Etsy, you must read and accept all the terms and conditions in, and linked to, the Agreement. The Agreement is effective on April 29, 2008 for current users, and upon acceptance for new users. The previous Agreement was effective for all users on June 10, 2005." - I might add here without a request of agreement by all shop owners that joined previous to 29 April 2008.... *insert roll of the eyes here**



What a bunch of BS - knowing a pit bull attorney could punch holes in that shit to hell and back.....

http://www.etsy.com/terms_of_use.php

Okay - rant over - just some midnight oil burning that pissed me off, sorry for the mini-bitch here.