Thursday, May 29, 2008

The lack of, well, just the lack

I am extremely stunned even still that Etsy does not have a formal contact system for the various departments. Instead they merely rely on hard to find emails that you have to ask in the forums to get, or find them but blindly stumbling around the site.

Why is hell is there no service ticketing system? Why is there no web form for contacting admin on a myriad of issues... why? Because hey don't want you to contact them they somehow want you to flail in the forums and let other users help you, it cuts into their time trying to find a better soy latte in Brooklyn. If they had a system they'd have to form a customer service department and have honest to go work and daily responsibilities that require follow up and thoroughness. Actual work takes up too much room on your desk when you are making fake mustaches in the office.

Best of all is now they want to handle our money. Can you imagine what they will use as a contact system with serious amounts of money involved if they do the In house payment system that they are talking about? Will they even feel the need to start phone support lines, because damn it when money is involved you want answers now - not when they get done checking myspace, and facebook, the forums, playing video games, making two videos and writing a Storque article. How long will you have to wait to ever get an answer regarding a messed up transaction or funds that won't transfer? Weeks? Months? In most cases currently you don't hear anything back at all. Will you physically have to drive to Brooklyn and beat on the door?

Oh yes, we're waiting for the in house payment system... waiting for it so we know when to leave.

10 Comments:

SewCrazyDogLady said...

eh.. thats why I'm working on installing Zen Cart.. if anyone is going mess up my money, it'll be me!

oh and speaking of "lack of" where is my option to leave name and URL here when I comment?

The Cranky One said...

sorry had anonymous off... you can now.

SewCrazyDogLady said...

No biggie.. I have my Blogspot set up to move to my "real" blog... Blogger doesn't like it but they'll get over it.

Anonymous said...

I hope that being an Etsy Bitch cheerleader is acceptable because I just bought my uniform and pom-poms.

I love this place. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I am on iCraft.ca and you can get instant "Live Help" operator in 10 seconds if you have a question.
Here is my store http://www.icraft.ca/craft_boutique It's a new site, so it's a bit slow right now, but they are very responsive and listen to our suggestions. I also like the forum there, very friendly crowd.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving all you beetches. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

thanks for anonymousizing again.

not that i make that many sales, but the day that i let etsy handle my money is the day that they wrench it from my dead, cold claw.

for serious.

The Righteous One said...

Amen......

Elizabeth said...

SewCrazyDogLady - I tried Zen Cart - too scary for a total non-programmer. I'm looking at Shopify. Let me know how it goes...

The Sneaky One said...

The in house payment system will make sure they have bloody stumps for hands. That's a promise.